Not getting alerts? Try reinstalling from scratch

For the past few days, I haven’t been getting any alerts in Streamtip Alerter. I kept installing the latest versions from the Downloads page, but it still didn’t work. It turned out that installing the latest versions wasn’t updating Streamtip Alerter and I kept running an old version. I don’t know why or how it got into this state, but if you are having a similar problem, try completely uninstalling Streamtip Alerter and installing it again from scratch.

In the future, it might be nice if Streamtip Alerter displayed it’s version number somewhere and/or show some indicator/notification that it is out of date. Up to now, every version looks exactly the same which makes it hard to tell if it’s been updated.

The latest version of the alerter, has an automatic update notification…

There was recently a large change made to the way the alerter works, which must have caused the duplicate installations. This should no longer be an issue…

Great, glad to hear the latest version has an update notification.

Were users notified of this duplicate installations issue anywhere?

No, they were not. It was not intentional to not give notification, but due to the bad timing caused by the old Faye installation (see the downtime 7/25/14 thread) it was a required switch to the new program.

If you haven’t been able to tell, the new program has been a bit buggy. It wasn’t intended to be released so soon, but we are working to resolve all issues as fast as possible.

Ok, thanks for the info. I just thought this would be a helpful post for those who were in the dark like I was.

This topic was automatically closed after 71 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.