None of my timers and commands are working

None of my timers and commands are working it will always say this command is listed something like that

I’m sorry I met to say my timers and commands are not working and it will say the command you put doesn’t exist

And it’s on YouTube thats not working

@MoJetss

Is this the error message you’re getting:

The alias you set this command to be of, [some command], does not exist.

Yes it’s happening for both

@MoJetss

The basic syntax for adding a custom command through chat is:

!addcom [command name] [command response]

For example, let’s say you want to create a command called !hi with the response “Hello world!”:

!addcom !hi Hello world!

Now aliases are commands that call other commands (commands whose functions ride off of other commands). For example, let’s say you want to create a command called !sup that gives the same response as !hi. You could go about this two ways:

Set up !sup as its own independent command:
!addcom !sup Hello world!

Or set up !sup as an alias of !hi:
!addcom !sup -a=!hi $(query)

Notice the -a= part. This is the alias parameter for creating commands. Whatever previously existing command you want your new command to call, you put it in the alias parameter.

You’re getting the alias error message because you’re trying to set up a command as an alias of another command that doesn’t exist. That’s like, for example, creating !sup as an alias of !hi without having already created !hi

If you’re creating commands through chat, follow the basic syntax I mentioned earlier and leave the alias parameter out:

!addcom [command name] [command response]

If you’re creating commands through the Nightbot dashboard, put your command responses in the Message field and leave the Alias field empty. The same applies to timers. Timer responses go in the Message field and nothing is to be put into the Alias field.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.