Nightbot Random Chance Command?

My question is, is it possible to create a command for Nighbot with a 50/50% chance?
when i use !cookie nighbot answers 1 of 2 things either “GZ u won a cookie” or “bad luck, u lost your money”

Is it possible to create such command? If the answer is yes, please tell me how, i searched for a long time and didn’t find anything like this, only RNG.

And please tell me how to create this command.

Thanks for every answer!

@ProfDrXalog

You need an RNG (random number generator) to set up a command that outputs one of multiple responses at random. Copy and paste the following setup into your chat to create a !cookie command.

!addcom -cd=5 !cookie $(eval Math.round(Math.random())==0?`GZ u won a cookie`:`bad luck, u lost your money`)

This method returns a random float (decimal) between 0 and 1:

Math.random()

Nesting it inside this other method rounds the float to the nearest integer:

Math.round(Math.random())

If the rounded number is equal to 0, Nightbot outputs one of the two responses. If it’s equal to 1, Nightbot outputs the other response.

1 Like

Another question: is it possible to use more than 2 responses with that command? Or is it necessary to change something?

For more than 2 possible responses, you need to use some other code.

!addcom -cd=5 !cookie $(eval a=[`GZ u won a cookie`,`bad luck, u lost your money`,`some other response`];a[Math.floor(Math.random()*a.length)])

Note that you can add more responses. Just make sure each response is separated by commas and bounded by backticks as shown in the code above.

1 Like

Okay BIG Thank you! You help me a lot. Dont stop with that! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.