Nightbot Counter Command One For updating and one for display

So I am trying to set up 2 commands. One that will count everytime its is prompted and one that displays the count.
Example : !d would update the Death counter and !Deaths would show the number of deaths

I’ve found a command for this " “!commands add !d -ul=moderator -a=!commands add !Deaths The total deaths until now is $(count)”
and then " !commands edit !d -ul=moderator -a=!commands edit !Deaths The total deaths until now is $(count)"
after that gave VIP’s perms for !d

The problem I encounter with this is that…when a VIP types !d it doesnt display the added one and shows 0 in !Deaths but when a mod does !d afterwards…it counts the previous ones and shows !Deaths to be 2

Is there anyway I can fix this?

Hey @anvayreddy!

That’s because !commands add/edit/delete is mods+ by default, and you can’t change that, so while the $(count) increases because VIPs can use !d, the !commands edit !deaths part doesn’t execute because VIP can’t edit commands.

Sorry, there’s no solution to your problem.

PS: both the commands code you showed as example have their userlevel set to mods+, that was confusing.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.