Nightbot, AutoDJ - Song Request & Multi-Streaming Problems

Greetings,

As someone who streams to multiple platforms, I’ve noticed that, Nightbot’s AutoDJ playlist is completely dependant on which account you use to sign in.

It creates a problem when trying to unify the audience interaction, and causes more confusion than it’s worth.

I am not sure where you stand on addressing the issue, but believe it should warrant some attention.

My initial thought is to make a temporary solution, creating a private playlist system that isn’t dependant on the Nightbot account submits the information, just that it was submitted.

It could use a Playlist Key that is kept private, that Nightbot then uses to populate and adjust the playlist upon request.

Security is a concern, but so is keeping your stream key private.

Clearly, easier said than done, just sharing what little bit of insight I have. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not sure where you stand on addressing the issue, but believe it should warrant some attention.

Nightbot does not support streaming to multiple services at once, this is true for everything about nightbot, not just song requests.

This is not something that is planned to be supported.

Well, that’s a shame, streamlining the profile system to accommodate multiple services is a feature that really would benefit everyone.

No offense… but it really wouldn’t. It would benefit a very small subset of people who stream on multiple services and with the issues you brought up, specifically to both at the same time.

I believe that it is more important that just my subset of similar people, as it would create a better system with more user functionality, and more stability with a dedicated profile system separate from using the Auto-Login values.

You can disagree with me if you like, but having a split system just seems redundant without reason.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.