Need to know some basics of streamtip

Hello. I’d like to know how exactly twitch works. Is it just a button you can put into any live stream, and what live stream service is best to use that accepts streamtip?

I have heard twitch is good for general livestreaming, but I’ve also heard they take 40% of any donations you get. Is that true?

Finally, what are the ways you can get paid as a creator? I know one is paypal, but won’t using paypal dox you once the person donating gets their statement at the end of the month and it says the names of who they paid money to? Or is stream tip similar to patreon in that it keep your identity anonymous as a creator?

I know these are some complex questions, so I appreciation the effort of whoever answers :slight_smile:

Take care.

live stream service is best to use that accepts streamtip?

You can use Streamtip anywhere, it’s just a website. You do however need to use an account from one of the services. We accept Twitch, Smashcast, YouTube, Dailymotion and Beam.

but I’ve also heard they take 40% of any donations you get

Any fees you get are from Paypal which are listed here: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/What-are-the-fees-for-PayPal-accounts-FAQ690

won’t using paypal dox you once the person donating gets their statement at the end of the month

Paypal has it’s own privacy policy in how it handles transactions and Streamtip has no effect over that. As mentioned on your other post you can use a business account when setting up Paypal.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.