Myriad of Errors

Hey, there! I, admittedly, am a BTTV user who has recently been using it to supply emotes to my Discord server. Despite that, I have had BTTV for quite a while, so I was confused when it said that my account was too new to have emotes despite the fact that I had had 4 emotes approved before receiving the error message.

Unsure of what to do, I DM’d Teaktop on Twitter and ask him about it. He told me that some security changes had been made to BTTV, and to try again in a week. A week later, and I still received that same error message. He sent me here. I just read the pinned post about that error, and disconnected my Discord to try to add new emotes. When I tried to add the emotes, though, it said I needed more followers. So I tried to link my Discord back to my account and received the error message that my account was too new to do even that.

I know the security was intended to keep out Discord “abusers,” but was all of that intentional? How long must I wait to be able to use the emotes that had already been approved? To get new ones approved? How many followers do I need?

This has been answered before

The requirements will be public knowledge, once the nightdev people draw a conclusion. And yes

I know the security was intended to keep out Discord “abusers,” but was all of that intentional?

It was intentional because it wasn’t designed to be a gateway for emotes to be used on discord by non-twitch communities.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.