My Twitch username does not fit

Simply my username does not fit in the top left corner of Twitch’s website. Mostly because my name is 24 characters. So it pushes the settings, BTTV, and log-out Icons away to the next line under my name. This is not a mandatory issue but it would be worth a quick fix maybe. http://imgur.com/baHi9s0

Sorry but I don’t really see this as a bug. It wouldn’t be possible to fit those in line next to such a long display name. What exactly were you hoping for in a fix?

I agree with what you are saying. But my OCD wont allow me to just not notice this. I don’t know how to fix it myself. i came here to see if this could be fixed so it looks sleeker and maybe more accessible to users with longer names like me.

I don’t really think there is any better way of doing this unless we stick a limitation on the length of that name field which I don’t think users would be happy with. If you have any ideas feel free to suggest them. Until then I don’t see much we can do to solve this.

My suggestion would be something like this:

HTML:

<div id="twitch_name_container"><span id="twitch_name">Some long name goes here...</span></div>

CSS:

div#twitch_name_container {
    position: relative;
}
span#twitch_name {
    max-width: 150px;
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 9999;
    overflow: hidden;
    white-space: nowrap;
}
span#twitch_name:hover {
    background-color: white;
    border: 3px solid black;
    max-width: 100%;
    margin-top: -3px;
    margin-left: -3px;
}

I believe something similar like this has been added now by another Dev, but personally if I had a long username I could see myself resenting my username being truncated for length. I suppose it’s a matter of preference though.