"? ? ?" in NightBot response

Hi ! I had some nightbot commands working perfectly but since few days, nightbot response contains “???” instead of the code response.

Oddly it’s working perfectly on my personal channel but not on some channels where i’m a moderator. I don’t know why…

An example with this command, created to count the number of subscribers remaining to reach the goal (in french) :
" Dans $(urlfetch http://twitch.center/customapi/math?expr=1400-$(twitch $(channel) “{{subscriberCount}}”)) subs, nous créons une carrière de catcheur pour KiKi Le MandaleOuRien ! "

On my personnal channel, it’s working but not on some other channels. Nightbot responding : “Dans ??? subs, nous créons une carrière de catcheur pour KiKi Le MandaleOuRien !”

I really don’t know why ^^ :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:
Thanks for your help !

Hey @monsieurtu!

It’s likely that the issue comes from the API you’re using, which tbh is unnecessary, you can make the subtraction with JavaScript and it’ll be more reliable.

$(eval subs=parseInt($(twitch $(channel) "{{subscriberCount}}")); `Dans ${1400-subs} subs, nous créons une carrière de catcheur pour KiKi Le MandaleOuRien !`)

Hey @Emily!

Thank you for your help and for the JavaScript tips ! But unfortunatelly it’s not working… I’ve the same problem, it’s working on my channel not in others… :sweat_smile:
Just one new thing : Nightbot don’t answer “???” but “NaN” now :crazy_face:

I’m totally lost ^^
Thank you!

If you copied/pasted the code I wrote, you shouldn’t get an error, I tested it.

If you have an error though, it’s probable that it’s the $(twitch) variable that doesn’t work properly, you can see if that’s the case by adding the following test command to the channel where it’s not working and call it:

!addcom !test $(twitch $(channel) "{{subscriberCount}}")

My bet is that the token expired, therefore Nightbot isn’t allowed to fetch the subs data anymore, the error you’ll get should tell you what to do, but basically: the streamer will need to go to the dashboard, log out if they’re already logged in, and then log back in.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.