I don't know how to put my nightbot in discord

I’m trying to get my nightbot to connect to my discord server, but it does not show up. Can somebody please help me?

EDIT: A bit irrelevant, but I’m also having trouble connecting my twitch account to my discord server (I’m already linked through my account) I want to make a server for my subs, but when I go to server settings -> integrations, it tells me to connect my twitch account, but I already did that!

Thanks for the help, I hope this wasn’t too confusing to understand
alfred0sauce

I assume you are the owner of said discord server? So to put nightbot on your discord server you go to https://beta.nightbot.tv/integrations connect with discord, then in the settings you are going to click “join server” and it will open a new window with possible servers you are able to make nightbot join as well as a list of permissions you may want to give it. When it is connected the server should show up as a dropdown in the discord integration settings and you can configure nightbot to do what you need.

As per your edit: server integrations are different from user integrations. Your discord user is connected with twitch but the server doesn’t know that. So you need to connect it with the server for discord to know about your channel, your subs, etc.

When I click on join server, this is what I see (Link below)

The dropdown for a list of possible servers is empty.

Hmm, you are the owner/creator of the server right? Nightbot makes sure you have the “manage roles” permission. If you create a new server (just an empty, quick server) does that show up in the dropdown list?

Ok…well I tried chrome browser instead of edge, and I somehow found my server this time…

EDIT: So do the same commands work just like on Twitch for discord? Or is it different. Can’t seem to get it to work. Also how do I turn it off in discord?

So do the same commands work just like on Twitch for discord? Or is it different. Can’t seem to get it to work.

Commands carry between Twitch and Discord. If it’s not working, make sure you’ve joined Nightbot to your Twitch/YouTube channel too.

Also how do I turn it off in discord?

You can remove Nightbot from your Discord by kicking it or from the integrations page in our control panel.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.