How To Update/Remove BTTV Emotes From Discord?

I recently linked BTTV to our Discord and it worked great. I chose to update one of the emotes with a brand new one of the same name but only the old one shows on Discord even though it works fine everywhere else.

I assume it’s because they share the same name and that’s causing issues but I have no real way of knowing.

I’m not considered ‘without a following’ for approval purposes and re-syncing doesn’t work.

How do I update this old BTTV emote on Discord, or at least remove it to make way for the new one of the same name?

Cheers in advance.

You’ll need to part the BetterTTV bot from your Discord server and re-add to the server. This forces a re-sync of emotes.

But you need the bot which you can’t add now since you need 1000 followers or more.
What can you do instead?

You’ll need to part the BetterTTV bot from your Discord server and re-add to the server. This forces a re-sync of emotes.

As stated in the original post:

…re-syncing doesn’t work.

Which was done by removing the bot then re-adding it.

I can only assume it’s because the emotes - the old one of which only exists on BTTV now - have the same name. I’ve no way of knowing either way.

That’s a different issue as we’ve been above 1k for a long time now, but hopefully someone can offer you a solution here as well.

If you’re still having issues, ensure that the bot has Administrator or Manage Emoji permission in your Discord server.

Aha! That worked when done in a very specific order, here for future reference if you find anyone else with a similar issue:

1 - Uncheck Administrator and Manage Emojis permissions for the BTTV bot.
2 - Re-check Administrator and Manage Emojis permissions for the BTTV bot.
3 - Unlink the BTTV bot from Discord.
4 - Re-link the BTTV bot to Discord.
5 - Uncheck Administrator and Manage Emojis permissions for the BTTV bot.
6 - Re-check Administrator and Manage Emojis permissions for the BTTV bot.

Doing things in any other order didn’t do anything for me even with exhaustive attempts, but this deleted the old emote and replaced it with the new.

Thanks so much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.