How do I unlink my account

When I heard of BetterTwitchTV, I went to the site to check it out. The site asked me to link my Twitch to the account. I agreed, thinking I could just log out. I don’t want to use the application, so I tried to unlink my account. I didn’t know how to do that. Could you please tell me? The account has recorded the wrong information about my Twitch account and I can’t edit the email to fix it. Please help.

You can remove BetterTTV in the Chrome Extensions Menu.

You can also disallow your account at: https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections

Thank you for the reply, I went to the link you sent me an unauthorized my account. But for some reason, the page where I can get personal emotes still has my name and email on it. It would be nice if I could change the account associated with it. Attached is a screenshot of the page.

The email is the email attached to the twitch account used when you login. You cannot change that on our end but you can change it on twitch’s end. The site doesn’t keep persistent logins, if you clear your cache/cookies and log out of twitch when attempting to sign in it should allow you to put in the username and password of your twitch account instead of attempting to auto-login (it does this if you are already signed in with twitch).

Okay, I got it to recognize me as a guest. Awesome!. Thanks Slikrick. What I did specifically was based on Google Chrome, the browser I am using:
1.) Go to Chrome Menu and then down to Settings.
2.) Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”
3.) Look under “Privacy”
4.) Click “All cookies and site data…”
5.) Here you can view the cookies on each site you’ve visited and you can delete specific site cookies by clicking and then clicking x.
I deleted all of the ones relating to the bettertwitchtv.net site and I was seen as a guest again. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.