Help with Mario Maker level submission system

So I just decided to try out Nightbot to see if it can do what I want it to do, which is create a system where viewers can type something like !submit and then a code to a level that they’ve made on Mario Maker, and have that automatically add to a list where all I have to do is look at it and see who added their level first, so I can play them on stream in the order they were received.

I would like this to be as automated as possible, so if there’s even a way to make it automatically bookmark those levels using Nintendo’s bookmark site for me, that’d be great, but that part isn’t totally necessary. The main thing I need is a level submission system that’s easy for viewers to use and, preferably, doesn’t require them to click a link and use a web form to do it, although if that’s how it has to be, I’ll settle for it.

Adding list functionality is definitely planned. Right now we’re working on finishing touches to the beta, and then merging everyone over to it. After everyone is merged over we’ll start adding new features like this. I don’t have an exact ETA, but there are some features we’d like to push before this (to make this feature easier to use).

As for your idea about bookmarking a level, unfortunately this isn’t possible. The best you could do is retrieve a link to the course to bookmark it, but there’s not a Mario Maker API we can use (and Nintendo and other console makers don’t really make APIs available to anyone).

Yeah I was thinking the bookmark thing was a bit much to ask :stuck_out_tongue: But thank you for the quick response! I’ll see if I can make some sort of google doc form thing for viewers to use in the meantime. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.