Having issues with adjusting where the text sits on my custom Tip alert

Hello everyone,

I am having a bit of an issue with adjusting the placement of the Text that is displaced on the visual Tip alert. I need to move it over to the right more then just having it placed to the right. I used the CSS fields to try to move it over and adjust the font size, but once it was saved and i re-triggered the alert, none of my changes seem to be doing anything. Any idea on what im doing wrong?

Im using the CSS editor in OBS on the alert itself. not the style plugin. However i did try the style plugin for Chrome, and that did not work either.

Perhaps you can post your CSS so we can verify that it looks alright. It should be as straightforward as pasting it into OBS.

This is the scrip i have from the forum post on how to use it.

body {
background-color: transparent;
color: white;
}
#follower-alert {
display: none;
position: absolute;
top: 0px;
left: 0px;
width: 580px;
height: 110px;
}
#follower-alert .text {
margin-left: 15px !important;
width: 550px !important;
font-size: 45px !important;
padding-top: 45px;
text-align: center;
line-height: 45px;
vertical-align: middle;
font-family: Impact;
text-shadow: 2px 2px 1px #000;
white-space: nowrap;
color: #ffffff;
}

This is what i have adjusted

body {
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
margin: 0px auto;
overflow: hidden;
}
#follower-alert .text {
margin-left: 15px !important;
width: 550px !important;
font-size: 20px !important; <— trying to adjust the font size
padding-top: 45px;
text-align: center;
line-height: 45px;
vertical-align: middle;
font-family: Impact;
text-shadow: 2px 2px 1px #000;
white-space: nowrap;
color: #ffffff;
}

i am also looking to push the font over more to the right edge of my image, do i have to add in a padding-left to push the text over?

ok i got it to work. not sure what i did, but now it is working. Is there a way to make the text that shows up on the alert, lets say the tip alert, stay centered and and stack the rest of the words underneath it, im trying to make the text fit into a box so to speak and do not want the text to go out Horizontally, but to fix and self adjust Vertically.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.