Getting around character limit on commands

My apologies if this is in the wrong category, I’m new to all of this! It may belong in the custom API category since it mentions that in passing, but I don’t have the faintest clue what those are, and I’m more concerned with finding a way around the character limit on commands, so I hope it was OK to post here.

To begin with, I was reading this topic: Some aliases in one command

TLDR; the OP asks if it’s possible to use a single command and have Nightbot randomly reply with one of multiple possible responses. The answer is yes, which is awesome! My problem is that I wanted to add a sort of “bad joke” command, and while I have dozens of truly horrible puns up my sleeve, the character limit makes it so that I can only fit about 4 per command…which means I have to have 9 different commands if I want to get them all, which is terribly messy and inefficient.

I was wondering if there was some kind of shortcut someone knew about, maybe, I don’t know, some website that you could link to to read a list instead of having to type the list out in the command message box itself?

You should be able to use a url shortener like Google’s and use the shortened url when creating the command.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.