!game command returning wrong game

Hello,

So with the reason changes to the Twitch game list, I have noticed having to change some of the games in my bot for updating the game/stream title (for example, Dragon Warrior is now Dragon Quest). However, The Legend of Zelda has not changed, but when I try to set the stream title to The Legend of Zelda (the original NES version), Nightbot automatically uses The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as the game, which is incorrect. I cannot find a work around, it just seems like Breath of the Wild is the first game it returns in the API, so it automatically sets to that. Is there anyway to work around this or will we have to manually set the game through the dashboard now?

Thanks

This behavior is working as intended and cannot be changed. Twitch’s API now requires us to specify an exact game ID. To do this, we must query for a game with the name you specify. I would recommend specifying the exact Twitch game name if it differs from the one being chosen by Nightbot.

Unfortunately, it does not. The games are listed in Twitch’s API as:

The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I think the issue is, Twitch probably has Breath of the Wild listed first, so when the query is sent, Breath of the Wild matches the search and is what is chosen by Nightbot. Just an unfortunate thing from Twitch’s side then. We will just have to continue to use the workaround. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.