NightDev Community Forums

Follower URL causing error

When I get to step 4/6 it says “Here’s the URL for your alert: There was an unusual error that occurred. Try clearing your cookies and cache, and then refreshing the page.” not sure what to do to fix it?

Well if you haven’t already, clear your browser’s cache & cookies, and then make sure there is enough space in your Dropbox account and that it isn’t completely full. If you still get the error then double check that you’re only uploading .png files for your images and .ogg files for your sounds.

I was pretty dumb. Wasn’t uploading OGG files but I have another problem now that I am unsure of probably really simple again. When I right click on OBS - 64 bit I don’t have the browser option? Also I downloaded OBS multiplatform and that doesn’t appear to have done much.

Hmm, I’m not 100% sure. For OBS MP/OBS Studio you should just be able to right click under ‘Sources’ -> ‘Add’ -> ‘Browser Source’.

Did you download from the NightDev site or from the OBS site? If you downloaded OBS & the Browser plugin separately rather than using the download on the Follower Alert installation page (which downloads them both), then I’m guessing you installed in incorrectly?

I can’t get onto the browser plugin it tells me 'Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from builds.catchexception.org (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID’

Since I have no clue what that error is I did a google search, and it appears that the error occurs when your computer’s time and date are incorrect, so I would double check that to see if it resolves the issue.

Additionally, if you still have any issues with OBS, then I would recommend posting on their forums at https://obsproject.com/forum/

We do not support OBS Classic. You should only be using OBS Studio/Multiplatform. I’ve linked you the proper version in your other thread: No Browser Option?

In the future, refrain from opening two threads on the same subject.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.