NightDev Community Forums

Emote button missing!

My BTTV emote button is missing, I have emotes and gifs turned on… Ive cleared my cache, reinstalled the app and everything to no avail. “Emote Menu” setting enabledaw4etaw34t3w4t

@iiiarkan

I’ve copied and pasted below an explanation given by a supporter from the NightDev Discord server:

If you are seeing no emotes/emote menu button and no viewer list button, you are almost certainly a victim of Twitch forcing you onto testing a new version of the site, which apparently breaks BTTV at a low level. One user on the forum who is experiencing this problem has also reported that FFZ does not work for them either, further supporting a low level initialization failure. Unfortunately, none of the developers are seeing this testing site, so there is nothing that can be done to fix this until and if Twitch releases the changed site to the wider user base. A small number of users have reported that clearing cookies got them back on the normal site, but we can’t guarantee that.

In the meantime, you can join the NightDev Discord server at https://discord.gg/nightdev and watch the #betterttv channel for any updates on the situation.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply