Edit of a command with countdown

So after a long time searching here and playing around with the edit command, i cannot get it to change the countdown date in such a way so its not static. For example if i change the /timer command manually in command list, then call twice with an interval between, it will give me the actual accurate countdown. However if i make a
!commands add !settimer -ul=moderator -a=!commands edit /timer Podcast live in $(countdown $(query) 2017 8:30:00 PM EST)

and call !settimer feb 19, for example, then /timer will always give me the same output, even with a large interval between the calls. How could i fix that?

You really need 3 commands in order to achieve this.

In your case you can use the !timer command to alias another command with the correct date format. The !timer command will be storing the date that will be countdown from.

!commands add !timer -a=__timer__ $(query)

Then add a set command. Making sure to replace [SetTimezone] with the timezone of your choice.

!commands add !settimer -ul=moderator -a=!commands edit !timer $(query) 8:30:00 PM [SetTimeZone]

in this format you’d need to enter in the day in the form of MM DD YYYY for example 02 17 2017.

Lastly adding the command which will really display the date by passing the saved time to a countdown:

!commands add __timer__ Podcast live in: $(countdown $(query))

To set date:

!settimer 02 18 2017

will set to countdown to Feb. 18 2017 8:30:00 PM [Timezone]

Let me know if you have any issues with this.

Inspiration taken from this post.

1 Like