Discord role syncing has stopped working

Hi. I had a problem with nightbot syncing discord roles earlier in the year (see here: Discord Integration Not Syncing Roles)

That was fixed for regulars and moderators then stopped working for moderators, but that wasn’t too big of an issue.

Now however I’ve noticed it has stopped working for regulars again. All new people to my discord who should be getting the regular role now aren’t. Nightbot is above the required roles and has all the correct permissions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

That was fixed for regulars and moderators then stopped working for moderators, but that wasn’t too big of an issue.

Apologies for letting that thread die. That issue was indeed resolved eventually. There were larger issues with Nightbot on Discord than role syncing, and we had to resolve those issues before fixing the syncing.

I just checked the logs, and it appears that syncs are not completing as of late. I’ve restarted the bot to see if that helps, but there’s probably a bug in the sync code still (most likely some server is causing an unexpected error condition).

No worries, fixing the important stuff first is always the right way to go! :slight_smile:

Yeah it doesn’t look like the restart has worked unfortunately, at least on my end. Those users who should be regs still aren’t.

Yeah it doesn’t look like the restart has worked unfortunately, at least on my end. Those users who should be regs still aren’t.

The logs are reporting successful syncs since the reboot, so I’m still fairly positive there’s some configuration issue on your end. Ensure that you have role syncing enabled in your integration settings, as it was disabled back in December for everyone due to a change in its functionality.

Hmmm how strange. I had already enabled role syncing again when trying to troubleshoot myself before, and checked all the required settings such as the role being higher on the list. But I have tried to have nightbot part the server then re-enter, after setting up all the correct settings and roles again, and still no luck.

Those who were synced back when it was working are all fine still, but new regs aren’t syncing.

I’ve also been having issues with the Patreon sync too, and having some people sync with most not. I’m working through that with someone at Patreon, but could it be there’s a specific issue with my discord server in particular? I’m so baffled as to why the syncing seems to not work across the board. Broughy1322 is the link for the server if it helps to have a look at it (all those with the “twitch subscriber” role should also have the “regular” role - that’s how I can tell it’s not working for some).

Looks like everyone has now synced correctly. Hopefully it continues to do that in future XD

Now to fix my patreon syncing problem, but that’s not for you :slight_smile: Cheers for the help.

I’m back again (sorry!) but the role syncing seems to have stopped working again :frowning:

I have not had a chance to look into the remaining sync errors, but it should be resolved again (at least temporarily).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.