[CustomAPI] Quote system

Worked great! Thanks guys! :smiley:

1 Like

looks like there is some kind of problem if there are too many quotesā€¦
iā€™ve added more than 1000 quotes and nightbot seems to have problems retrieving some with higher numbers :confused:
Is it expected behavior? Is there optimal quote limit?

1 Like

Can you give your channel and specific command that fails?

1 Like

The channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/DOneDarkness
The specific command is the !quote
Sometimes it works, sometimes notā€¦ It seems to never work with something like !quote 900

1 Like

Worked fine when I tried the commands on Twitch. I tried 800, 900, 1000, and many more and it all returned perfectly. Youtube doesnā€™t let me type in your chat while youā€™re offline so I canā€™t test there, but it seems like itā€™s an issue with Youtube, maybe specific the links you have in your quotes?

1 Like

There are more than 500 diferent links on my quotes (all adultā€¦), could be them, but seems randomā€¦
Sometimes works, sometimes donā€™t :confused: And low numbers, like 100, 200 seems to always work.

I think there is way to test on youtube, using the gaming.youtube system: https://www.youtube.com/live_chat?is_popout=1&v=wAzL2VuybxA

Edit: After some more testing, looks like iā€™ts youtubeā€™s fault :frowning:
Short links are working, bigger ones that have ā€œ<wbr>&shy;ā€ are not, and they were beforeā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™re right, it is a YouTube problem. Iā€™ll reach out to their developers.

Sorry for the delayed response. YouTube developer reached out to me and stated that this bug will be fixed by them in their next release.

1 Like

gonna hope they donā€™t take too much timeā€¦ Itā€™s very limiting :frowning:

1 Like

I started getting ā€œRemote Server Returned Code 500ā€ when deleting quotes from the list.

EDIT: After a while the quote seems to be deleted from the list but still, the behaviour is quite weird.

1 Like

I see the bug, should be fixed now.

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually using this for a queue system instead, and itā€™s more effective than anything else Iā€™ve tried. Would it be possible to add a command to display all quotes (or queueā€™d entries in this situation) directly into the twitch chat? Canā€™t use the !quote list command as it would be posting the token for all to see, and having it post directly into the chat would be more convenient for this purpose. Thanks!

1 Like

There are two tokens, a ā€œpublicā€ token, and a ā€œprivateā€ token.
The one that is given out when you type ā€œ!quote listā€ is the public one,
and itā€™s safe if people get to see it. The private one is only used in ā€œ!addquoteā€ and ā€œ!delquoteā€.

Posting in chat is very limiting because:

1. Thereā€™s a character limit
  2. Thereā€™s no new lines
1 Like

Ah, I see. That should work just fine then, thanks.

1 Like

Is there any way to use ā€œsub stringsā€ on timers? Did not worked when i tried :blush:

1 Like

for disabling the numbers, what are you supposed to add the string of text to specifically? The website or the command itself?

1 Like

See ehsankiaā€™s post, he gives an exact example of what the command will look like. The disabling of numbers goes into the command and all quotes added using that one wonā€™t have the numbers applied i believe.

Iā€™m having a weird problem where, when the quote system is being called by Nightbotā€™s Timer, it always returns with ā€œNo matching quote found.ā€ It doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s calling on an alias command or if the raw command is pasted into the message section of the timer, it acts the same. However, if I call it using a regular custom command it works perfectly. Any ideas?

1 Like

What I believe the issue is that the required message in the timer is picking a quote that doesnā€™t exist.

To fix this change the $(urlfetch) link to $(urlfetch http://twitch.center/customapi/quote?token=TOKEN) and putting this in the message of the timer. Removing the &data= is fine as that is only used to choose a specific number or list link, both unused in a timer.

2 Likes

Yay thanks for this, no issues so farā€¦

1 Like