[CustomAPI] Quote system

https://twitch.center/customapi/quote/list?token=0a7ad944

Sorry about the delayed reply!

Looks like you’re sending requests to my server from both Nightbot and StreamElements. You must’ve added the !addquote command to both. The latter obviously doesn’t understand $(querystring), which is why you’re ending up with duplicate broken quotes. You need to remove the quote commands from streamelements or replace $(querystring) with the equivalent there.

Any time I try to add a quote, I get the response “[Error: Bad Response Status “403”]”. I don’t understand what’s wrong

Are you using nightbot?

I’m using Botisimo, with the syntax replaced to work with Botisimo. Does the API only accept responses from Nightbot?

Someone keeps spamming with Botisimo and getting it ip banned on my server. I can unban it for now but in general, I recommend just using Nightbot for quote system

What would happen if someone used Nightbot to spam the system? Isn’t there some sort of precaution to stop user specific attacks instead of entire services? I’m asking genuinely, because I really don’t know

nightbot itself has better spam prevention, whereas some other bots don’t.

@ehsankia Can you help me with something to do with the quote system? Would you be able to send me a message?

Hello

I was wandering if this could be used for jokes too.
Instead of adding the jokes through the chat though, i’d rather have the an external txt file where i save the jokes/quotes and can edit, add, detele them easyer

I expect this woudl use the fetch url function but not sure how to make this work. Do you have any ideas?

Dear forum,

I am personally using your quote system as a counter, but I would love to remove a specific query only once.
But it won’t work, is there a variable I could add to make it delete one in stead of giving me the answer “too many matching entries”
Hope to hear from you

Kind regards,
Dennis

@gg_recked You can specify the list ID of the entry you want to delete.

Dear @RokettoJanpu,

Thank you for your reply, the thing is it is not handy.
I want to make it person proof :slight_smile:.
I am using the system you created a year ago (Command to display multiple $(count) results)
Is there really no other way then delete #id?

Kind regards,
Dennis

can you explain

1. what do you mean by “the thing is it is not handy”
  2. what do you mean by “make it person proof”
  3. what do you propose here? If there are multiple matching entries, but you want to remove a single quote, there’s no other way to do it through commands.

Dear @ehsankia,

Thank you for responding. I just would like a variable that I can put behind the link to delete one entry point with the name “loss”“win” .
For example: $(urlfetch https://twitch.center/customapi/delquote?token=token&data=loss&remove=1)
What I mean by human proof is to make it as simple for the streamer as possible so he does !delloss and 1 loss will be subtracted.
Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Dennis Berkers

Hey, so need help with a specific topic, and if this question was answered already I do apologize couldn’t find the answer in a scroll. So, right now I have a total 3 commands for quotes – the regular !quote, !addquote, and !delquote. I have been using the commands for quite a while and they work great. However, what I’m looking for currently is a way to separate the !quote command itself so that regular users (up to vip) can’t do, say, !quote 4 to get the 4th quote while moderators up can. Essentially I’m wanting a way to make sure regular streamgoers have the randomized list whereas mods can pull specific quotes for specific situations. How would I go about accomplishing this? Thank you in advance.

Make a copy of the quote command with a new name and set the level to “VIP” or whatever you need it to be. Then update the original !quote command to not have the data=$(querystring) part at the end, that way it always receives an empty argument.

Thank you :smiley: @ehsankia

Hey all! Is there some way to impose a cooldown on the !quote command (with or without a number)? Some folk do it a bit too often, and it clogs up the chat quite a lot. Thanks for any advice :slight_smile:

!editcom !quote -cd=[new cooldown in seconds]