Creating a way to block inputs on commands

Essentially, I have created a command called !setpartner which is phrased as "!addcom -ul=mod !setpartner The current carry partner is $(touser), check them out at twitch.tv/$(touser).

Now, I want to create a command called !partner which would be phrased as “!addcom !partner” and then drawing up the exact text of !setpartner while not actually using an input.

I.e. if I typed !setpartner Fred254, then !partner would essentially read as !setpartner Fred254 but would change if I typed !setpartner Phil254, then !partner would change accordingly. Is this possible?

I think this is what you mean:
First create a command !partner, so we can overwrite it later:
!commands add !partner x

Then create the !setpartner to edit the !partner command:
!commands add !setpartner -ul=mod -a=!commands edit !partner The current carry partner is $(touser), check them out at twitch.tv/$(touser).

Every time you’ll run !setpartner X the original !partner will be overwritten with the current partner.

So what do I input for !partner ?

What do you mean? Just copy and paste them as I wrote them, the x is just a placeholder untill you use the !setpartner for the first time.

Makes sense now! Thank you SO MUCH!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.