Confusion Regarding Rejected Gif Emotes

I’ve been trying for some time to get some custom gif emotes approved, and although I’ve tried to meet the requirements, they are repeatedly rejected. After the first time the emotes were rejected due to “no transparent background,” I edited the background of the gif to be transparent, and was still rejected for “no transparent background.”

I then went and added a transparent border around the gif. This was again rejected for no transparent background.

I’m confused as to what I should be doing differently here, particularly since your site/shared emotes sections have dozens of approved emotes which are nothing but square images with no transparent backgrounds. For example:

BrainW igOOOO moonGasm FeelsPuckMan cheeseyDude radDigit rieKappa

Just for starters. Please let me know what I need to do in order to get my emotes approved, I’ve already added a transparent background as you requested.

Any background that is not necessary to understanding the emote must be removed before we let it through.

Since you mentioned W emotes the example can be made: The entirety of the face covers the area of the emote, and all of the face is used in the point of the emote, so none of it is background and not needed. However if an emote has a solid white background and the emote inside that, then the white background should be removed and made transparent.

In gifs this means that every frame only the relevant part of the gif should be transparent.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.