Command to automatically post length of stream

Hey, just started streaming. I was watching Tobias Fate and he has a Nightbot message that says “Tobias’ bot lane has been feeding for (current length of stream)” i was wondering how to do this command and if i can get nightbot to automatically post it at regular intervals. Thanks guys! =D

!addcom !uptime Tobias’ bot lane has been feeding for $(twitch $(channel) “{{uptimeLength}}”)

That will add the command, then inside your NightBot dashboard, create a timer that runs that command.

Hey thanks for the quick reply! But how would i work this to make it just list the time i’ve been live and not the extra information? for example “…has been feeding for 1 hour and 33 minutes”

It seems adding “$(channel)” makes it return the full response. replace $(channel) with your channel name and it’ll work fine.

still outputing this

Mr. Shield’s jungler has been trolling for MrShieldLoL is currently live playing no game at 1080p, 60 fps with 1 viewers since Thu Jan 11 2018 07:58:03 GMT-0500 (EST) (9 minutes 39 seconds) - https://www.twitch.tv/mrshieldlol

Could you past the full command you added?

the command is just !uptime, the message is:

Mr. Shield’s jungler has been trolling for $(twitch mrshieldlol “{{uptimeLength}}”)

Ah, the issue is the way Discourse (this forum) handles double quotes.

Replace the quotes that are included in the original command, with double quotes, and not quotations.

what’s the difference? Sorry i’m a super noob x)

!addcom !uptime Tobias’ bot lane has been feeding for $(twitch $(channel) "{{uptimeLength}}")

eyyyyyy ty so much. x)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.