CLR Browser Host Plugin provided not working

Hello. I’ve recently downloaded the installation package provided when attempting to get OBS Chat up and running for my stream.

Upon installation, all went well. No issues or anything. Already had everything that was needed installed prior to running the batch file to install it.

Figured I would just manually copy the files over. Seems the browser plugin REFUSES to load in the 64-bit OBS. Error from the log below.

08:02:19: CLR host plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 4 strings
08:02:19: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to load and start the .NET runtime (null)
08:02:19: CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v2.0.50727 .NET runtime
08:02:19: CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
08:02:19: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to use v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
08:02:19: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() load the assembly plugins\CLRHostPlugin\CLRHost.Interop.dll
08:02:19: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() failed to load the assembly: 0x8007000b

Can’t get the damned thing working. Works fine in 32-bit, but my headset (stupid Razer Kraken 7.1) refuses to work in 32-bit, so… I’m kind of at an impasse here.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? I’ve attempted REMOVING the .net framework and re-installing using the provided one as well, to no avail. This is driving me nuts!

I am assuming you downloaded our repack of CLR Browser? http://cdn.nightdev.com/clrbrowser4_repack.zip

Sure have. As I said, I’ve tried using that. I’ve tried manually installing the latest version of each as well. Still a no-go. Though, I do believe it may be an issue with OBS itself, at this point.

Thread involving latest discoveries here. https://www.obsproject.com/forum/threads/64bit-obs-update-available-always.23153/

Not entirely sure it’s an issue with OBS for sure, yet, though, so I’m going to continue my pursuit here, as well, until some kind of fix presents itself. REALLY wanting to use OBS Chat.

Well, I managed to figure out the problem. Apparently it didn’t like the current release of OBS. I downgraded to the current stable release and it worked fine. Still not sure what’s going on with the OBS issue, though.

Oh well. Thanks for the help and such!

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.