Chat is not connecting at all

So I was getting things setup and the chat was working great earlier but now it doesn’t work at all for me. This is all I get in both the URL in browser and in OBS:

Chat: Loading emotes and badges…
Chat: Connecting to Night’s chat socket server…

It won’t go past that. Any ideas?

Im having the same issue. It was noted earlier there was some chat changes on twitch side might have to do with that. So it might take some time he has been working on solving them as they come up…

Awww, that’s too bad. I just got finished writing some sick CSS for the chat and was ready to start streaming right before it went down. It was EXACTLY the OBS chat I was looking for. Hope it gets resolved soon.

There have been server issues today. They should be resolved in the near future…

The server suffered a multi gigabit DDoS attack that lasted for 5 hours. It has been mitigated at this point in time.

Eww, sorry to hear about the DDoS :frowning:

Well, I got it all set up again and it’s running great! By far the most elegant OBS chat solution I’ve found. Very awesome, ty <3

I’m currently experiencing this same problem (18 days later though). Server issues again, perhaps?

There are no server issues at this time. Are you able to see the preview on http://nightdev.com/obschat/

When I open the direct link into my browser, I get the same results:

Chat: Loading emotes and badges…
Chat: Connecting to Night’s chat socket server…

and nothing after that. I’ve had it open for about 5 minutes now.

It may just be possible there’s a bad router somewhere in the path to the server that prevents you from connecting. You might just need to wait it out.