Can't download Firefox add-on

I’ve tried repeatedly over the past week to download the add-on for firefox. I’ve done just about everything I’ve been able to think of. Whitelisting it with my anti-virus, Bitdefender, allowing installs of add-ons from the site through firefox. I haven’t been able to get it to work. I get the same message of it being ‘unable to connect to nightdev.com servers’ or… something like that.

If you’re unable to connect, it means that it’s being blocked. As far as we are aware, only Avast seems to block the add-on from being installed. I’ve tried to contact them multiple times and received no response. If you’re running Avast and Bitdefender, try uninstalling Avast. If Bitdefender is also blocking the installation, I will reach out to them to see if the issue can be resolved.

I only have Bitdefender, not Avast. As far as I know, I tried to allow nightdev through whatever might have been blocking it on Bitdefender but still was unable to download it. I still get a ‘add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on nightdev.com’. Is there something else I’m missing to allow it through Bitdefender?

Wow, you guys will need to contact Bitdefender in some way. I had to completely disable the Bitdefender Firewall before it allowed me to get the add-on finally. I just realized you could do that, so my apologizes, but yes, Bitdefender completely made it so I couldn’t get it. I can’t figure out how to disable it from doing that in the future…

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.