Can't do an only spacebar

i cant do only one spacebar in a chat like this:

^^^ like that it wont let me. i like doing it in riots and it works perfectly fine when BTTV isnt on. plz help

Why would we allow you to spam channels?

For riots. everyone does it LOL

The whole point of BetterTTV is to make Twitch a better place to be. If we can help prevent spam, even in one small way, it makes life better for everyone using Twitch.

¯\ _(ツ)_ /¯

1 Like

welp im not using BTTV anymore :slight_smile: cya

¯\ (ツ)

i think that is for the best

Good-guy night-dev making twitch a better place. I do have to ask you though is your statement consistent with the rest of the features that betterTTV has? For example, does preventing the chat from clearing, even though twitch implemented that feature because they want broadcasters to be able to remove stuff from their chat, make twitch a better place? Does allowing users to see the messages that were posted by timed-out users make twitch a better place?
Since a large portion of the community uses BetterTTV, that means that it may now be worth it for spammers to post links to their streams, even if they get auto-deleted instantly, since the link will still be visible to any BetterTTV users?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for the anti-chat-purging features that betterTTV has. Just thought I’d point out some inconsistencies here.

For example, does preventing the chat from clearing, even though twitch implemented that feature because they want broadcasters to be able to remove stuff from their chat, make twitch a better place?

Does allowing broadcasters to clear what’s on my stream make Twitch better? No. Clearly you weren’t here before Twitch, where mods would spam /clear to troll.

Does allowing users to see the messages that were posted by timed-out users make twitch a better place?

Your argument is moot, as you can show deleted messages on default Twitch…

Since a large portion of the community uses BetterTTV, that means that it may now be worth it for spammers to post links to their streams, even if they get auto-deleted instantly, since the link will still be visible to any BetterTTV users?

We don’t force you to enable the ability to see deleted messages. It’s your choice if you want to see them.

Edit: Also, deleted messages cause the link to become un-clickable as an extra safeguard.