Can I have Nightbot create Moderators

I run a LiveStream where Users share link information - To do this I have to give everyone Moderator Status

Can I create a command to have Nightbot grant moderator status when people enter the chat?

No nightbot can not grant moderator status though you can turn off the link filter in the spam Protection tab or whitelist the websites people are linking.

Thanks Potatoe

But in computers there is always a way to makes something work - I need to make them moderators automatically because that is what they are accustomed to in other chats

Any ideas?

PS - Where at in PA? I’m in Reading

The only way to get this to work would be with the use of another bot as nightbot only allows the use of the twitch command /me

Thanks again

Just to be clear - Not gaming (twitch) using Nightbot in Youtube Chat

Hey @ForeverLearning!

This statement is false, if YouTube doesn’t give the tools to add a moderator from their API, which they don’t as far as I know, it’s not possible. Because the only way would be to either use a bot that acts on your behalf (yet I believe there’s no commands to add a moderator on YouTube, you have to do it manually, so that’s not a possible solution), or to use the YouTube API (which doesn’t give the tools to do so). There may be a very tiny possibility using IFTTT, but you’ll have to figure it out yourself, I’m not used to work with it, and the high chance of failure isn’t worth investing time into it in my opinion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.