Browser wont open Paypal

Hey there… I don’t know if this is the place to ask this, but whenever i try to send a donation through streamtip a pop up window opens, asking me to put in my twitch login, and after that, when its supposed to open paypal, it just opens a security page, saying paypal is not a trusted website and it doesn’t give me permission to enter it. Anyone having the same problem and/or knows how to help me? Thanks

If your browser is unable to validate the PayPal website SSL certificate, there’s not much we can do. If you’re using Windows XP, we have heard that this may cause problems loading some secure websites. If that’s the case, you may need to upgrade to Windows 7 or higher, since Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft.

im on Windows 10, and just last week i donated to a streamer. I noticed that streamtip changed its layout, now a new window pops up, instead of opening another tab, maybe could be that?

Well in that case I’m not sure why you’re getting a certificate error. You may need to reach out to PayPal support for that issue. We don’t run PayPal’s site, and since it loads fine for us and could be a local issue they would be better equipped to assist you. Streamtip has been using its popup method for a few months without issue, and nothing has changed recently to cause issues with PayPal (or else we’d have more than one person reporting this issue).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.