Bring Back Chroma Chat

DarkenTTV was a great feature! I saw some other forum threads asking about it, and saw the reasoning behind its removal; it’s seen as a streamer tool packaged with a viewer tool.

But I think that the chroma DarkenTTV option was as much of a viewer tool as many other options BTTV has, and think it should be re-implemented asap.

For example, one thing I cannot do now, is have a big eSports event on one monitor, and chat on another monitor, and watch it from the couch.
The chat is simply too small. Zooming in crunches everything up and can make the stream messed up too.

DarkenTTV chroma key option made the text extremely visible, even from across the room, by making the text larger and removing color blinding issues or text crunch.

KapChat has nothing on that. I’m struggling to find a replacement for the DarkenTTV chroma key option.

As a streamer tool, KapChat fails quite a bit. Reloading the chat on a scene switch can really throw off streamer-to-viewer interaction, and the constant “Chat: Loading” lines are annoying and ugly.

And you want us to read chat through OBS? Or you need two chat windows now? KapChat for stream, and another for the streamer to read from?

With DarkenTTV chroma chat option, you only needed to pop-out chat, and read / stream from that one window. You never lose the chat from a reload, and it’s much cleaner, esp w.o the “Chat: loading” lines.

It’s a great stream tool, but also a great viewer tool. Please re-implement it or point me in the direction of a replacement that isn’t KapChat

Ty.

Unfortunately we posted a visible notice for months that it was deprecated, and it is now removed. Supporting too many themes for chat became an annoying maintenance issue, very few users used it, and it was time to get rid of it.

DarkenTTV chroma key option made the text extremely visible, even from across the room, by making the text larger and removing color blinding issues or text crunch.

If you are viewing from a far away distance, you can zoom in the page in your browser to enlarge it.

This is because you are not using it as a global source in OBS or do not have it set to keep the source in memory in XSplit. Proper configuration resolves this issue pretty quickly.

The point of the original “Black Chat” feature in BetterTTV was for Chroma-keyed chat, not to read it yourself. The same goes for KapChat in this instance. It’s just for your stream.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.