Bit emotes not showing up in Kapchat overlay

Hello!

I’m having an issue with Kapchat where bit emotes aren’t showing up on the browser source overlay in OBS Studio. All other emotes work (including other gifs like sourpls) but bits show up as a broken image. When I toss the kapchat URL into firefox or chrome, the bit emotes show up fine.

Here’s the kapchat URL I’m using in OBS: https://www.nightdev.com/hosted/obschat/?theme=dark&channel=retropals&fade=false&bot_activity=true&prevent_clipping=true

Here’s how it looks on the OBS overlay: kapchat2

Apologies if this has been answered before, I did some searching and wasn’t able to find anything. Thanks again for your work on this btw, I love kapchat and this is the first time I’ve had an issue with it since I started using it in 2016 or so.

Do you have more information? They seem to work image

I’m using Windows 10 and OBS Studio 21.0.1 (64 bit). I’m not exactly sure what’s wrong, since they show up perfectly when I throw the url into Firefox or Chrome. But for some reason the obs browser source for the chat won’t show them as anything other than a broken image.

IDK if this has any effect on what’s happening, but here’s my CSS I’m using in OBS for the chat window:

::-webkit-scrollbar {
visibility: hidden;
}

#chat_box {

}

.chat_line {

}

.chat_line .nick { font-size: 20px;

}

.chat_line .message { font-size: 23px;

}

Thanks again!

After some tracking down of issues, I can say that this issue is fixed in the newest version of the OBS Browser source, the plugin can be downloaded from their releases page. I can confirm it works on CEF 3239.

This should be updated in a future version of obs and I’ll remove this topic when that time arrives.

As of March 18th, 2018 OBS has been updated to fix this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.