BetterTTV wont load at all

Ok so starting from scratch I uninstalled Firefox with Revo Uninstaller then reinstalled Firefox. I then disabled my internet security and sued the link you provided to install Better Twitch. I then reactivated my internet security called Vipre. So far it seems to be working alright. Now to get my other extensions back and see if any of them were the problem.

Update 1: Alright after re-installing 2 other extensions I noticed it stopped working again. So I uninstalled both then reinstalled one. Seems like a conflict between BetterTTV and No Script: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/?src=cb-dl-users

Kind of odd because before all the updating I was able to use both just fine. NoScript is actually part of the reason I use Firefox over Chrome and all other web browsers.

Update 2: Whelp I changed the location of my browsers cache in the about:config to a RAMdisk and the extension stopped working again. That seems odd.

Update 3: Ok so after tinkering with it some more I have stumbled upon a curious thing. Apparently the NoScript extension was certainly blocking the BetterTTV extension. However if I told Firefox not to remember my history it also stopped working. When I told Firefox to always remember my history NoScript then brought up a thing to let me allow the BetterTTV extension. This is an odd turn of events that between NoScript and Firefox being told not to remember the history the BetterTTV extension gets stopped in its track. Not sure if that is an issue with BetterTTV for some reason in the recent updates requiring the history to now be remembered or if that is an issue with Firefox itself for just simply turning off the Firefox history to be rememebred in Firefox settings without NoScript installed caused BetterTTV to stop working as well.

All in all I got it working and I hope the things I have done into trouble shooting the issue may help others until this gets resolved.

So it seems it is the option for Firefox to remember the history that effected it. Did the updates of BetterTTV from the recent Twitch updates cause it to require cookies for some reason?

So then the proper solution is to configure NoScript not to block BetterTTV

Well NoScript wasn’t detecting it as being blocked because of the fact I had the settings for history set to never remember. Even though BetterTTV stops working even if I set set it back to never remember history whether NoScript is installed or not.

It seems like the proper solution is what hells_assailent (thanks for the solution!) has mentioned; Change the History Option(s) in FireFox to let History be remembered as it will fix this issue.

Not sure why all of a sudden BetterTTV seems to have any issues with Private Browsing, or Browsing without any History being remembered, but surely something must have changed within FireFox to stop it from working.

All-in-all, I’d like to think that eventually one will be able to use Private Browsing with BetterTTV - but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. No rush though, thanks to both the NightDev Team + Hells.

Ah, well then. I guess Firefox changed how that works.

If you’re running the new version, just update your addons to grab 6.8.1.

which will let it run in private mode

That update to 6.8.1 seems to have worked. I set it to never remember history and went to Twitch.tv. When it first loaded it seemed as if the extension wasn’t working but then I refreshed the page and it loaded in. Thanks for the support and great extension.

I’m having a more current problem with Google Chrome. I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing BTTV but for some reason when I load up twitch it isn’t working at all. I even cleared my history and re-installed after that, but still no good. Any ideas as to how I could get it to work?

I can’t get it to load up in firefox either. So it is not just a chrome thing.

I noticed while navigating here that many pages seemed slow. So I dunno if Nightdev’s servers are having a problem and that is what is causing it or if it is something else.

Either way, hope it is fixed soon as the white is bright. D:

edit: Reloaded and everything is back up

I am having this issue now with Chrome as well. BetterTTV has been working fine for quite a while and then all of a sudden a streamer I was watching went off and I went to move to another stream and BTTV is not working. I’ve tried removing and re-adding it to Chrome and rebooting the PC all with no luck.

Hello, i’m using chrome, i’ve installed BetterTTV today and isn’t working at all, i can’t click the icon on the right side (the one near to the wrench) actually the icon is invisible, the background isn’t dark.
The only things that works are the chat background colors and the logo on the twitch logo.

Hi I am using Google Chrome and the extension seemed to have stopped working. Just a heads up, love this app thanks for your work!

Just stopped working for me. BTTV had been working fine until about 15 minutes ago when I opted to load a different stream than the one I’d been watching.
At first it looked like BTTV wasn’t loading completely. The “6.8 loaded” bit would appear at the top of chat, but the dark theme was not being used.
Also, I had the option to highlight every other post on and indeed every other post would use the dark coloring, but with black text.

Reinstalled BTTV, restarted Firefox numerous times, and when I disabled all addons except BTTV to check for conflicts, it stopped working completely. I don’t even have the BTTV icon on the Twitch homepage

So yeah, not working for me either, just stoped today… hope someone can look into the problem.

I too just went to a stream and BTTv will not.
Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125
BTTv version in extensions is listed as 6.6 but I can’t verify that.

The 6.6 is the PLUGIN version not the BTTV version, BTTV is loaded everytime you load a Twitch page from a CDN

just minutes ago BTTV stopped loading on Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 m. removed and installed a couple of times now. still nothing

My version just stopped working as well but I’m using Chrome 37.0.2062.68 beta-m (64-bit). Not showing any problems from chrome but it won’t load at all on twitch. I deleted it and install’ed the 6.8 from the web site and nothing.

Not working here on Firefox 31.0 Stable. Was working last night, and I’ve tried reinstall of browser and extension.

BTTV is working again, mods you might wanna lock this topic

Confirmed issue is resolved.