BetterTTV stopped working

I have used bttv for a long time before it randomly stopped working.
I attempted everything from the debugging topic. Here are my console errors.

1436649343664    addons.xpi    WARN    Error loading bootstrap.js for firefox@betterttv.net: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/Users/Corey/AppData/Roaming/8pecxstudios/Cyberfox/Profiles/wgi210t4.default/extensions/firefox@betterttv.net.xpi!/bootstrap.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 9"  data: no] Stack trace: resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/Users/Corey/AppData/Roaming/8pecxstudios/Cyberfox/Profiles/wgi210t4.default/extensions/firefox@betterttv.net.xpi!/bootstrap.js:9 < resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4333 < XPI_loadBootstrapScope()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4333 < XPI_callBootstrapMethod()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4408 < XPI_startup()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:2159 < callProvider()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:208 < _startProvider()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:667 < AMI_startup()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:821 < AMP_startup()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:2399 < AMC_observe()@resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:55 < <file:unknown>
1436649343666    addons.xpi    WARN    Exception running bootstrap method startup on firefox@betterttv.net: TypeError: this.bootstrapScopes[aAddon.id][aMethod] is not a function (resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4436:8) JS Stack trace: XPI_callBootstrapMethod@XPIProvider.jsm:4436:9 < XPI_startup@XPIProvider.jsm:2159:13 < callProvider@AddonManager.jsm:208:12 < _startProvider@AddonManager.jsm:667:5 < AMI_startup@AddonManager.jsm:821:9 < AMP_startup@AddonManager.jsm:2399:5 < AMC_observe@addonManager.js:55:7

by the way, this happened after I installed FrankerFaceZ. I tried disabling all addons but bettertv already.

I don’t know what “Cyberfox” is, but we recently updated our add-on to use Firefox’s new SDK, which may be something “Cyberfox” does not support. The new SDK is only compatible with Firefox 38 and higher.

If you just want Firefox in 64-bit, you should try Firefox Nightly (which offers 64-bit builds): https://nightly.mozilla.org/

From what I see, a stable 64-bit Firefox might be released around version 41 or 42.

If you’re insistent on keeping “Cyberfox,” you may need to install the Userscript instead.

I prefer Cyberfox. Thanks.

I just had to update the browser to fix it, thanks again. If you didn’t mention that a certain firefox version was required for the new update I never would’ve figured it out.

It’s not working on Pale Moon either, shame.

Forced to switch to the userscript for now.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.