NightDev Community Forums

Audio De-sync Issues

Hello NightDev forum!

Let me start out by saying that I am so appreciative of Twitch Down. Being able to download, then subsequently edit Twitch highlights has been so helpful.

I started having an issue about a week ago with every highlight I’ve downloaded. I’m not sure if it’s some sort of Twitch Down issue or user error and was hoping that you guys may help me clear it up for me. Like I said, about a week ago, I started having this issue. When importing mp4 files from Twitch Down into Adobe Premiere, there is a massive audio de-sync. The audio is fine for a few seconds and quickly becomes de-synced by a large number of seconds.

This issue only happens with clips that I’ve downloaded in the last week or so, any other video file, including highlights downloaded from Twitch Down prior to last week, import in perfectly fine. The strange thing is, when viewing the clip in media players like VLC or Windows Media Player, everything appears fine.

Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated, as I love using this service. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

There are a ton of posts over the internet with people having sync issues when importing MP4s into Premier. This is not an issue with TwitchDown, but rather of Premier. The general consensus seems to point of variance between video and audio frames causing desync. By that, it generally means that your stream lagged and frames were dropped on audio or video and they no longer perfectly match up. When that happens, Premier fails at handling it and desyncs the audio. VLC is properly handling these drops, so you have no issue when playing it back in that application.

Audio is Desynced

Okay, awesome. Thank you for the reply. At least now I have a general idea of what’s happening. Now I have a direction to look in for fixing the issue.

Thanks again for all that you do for the Twitch community.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.