A different kind of song request issue

I’m not sure if Nightbot would be able to handle something like this, but I’ll try to explain what I’m doing and someone more tech savvy can tell me.

So every once in a while my channel does a follower appreciation event where I sing songs based on their requests. So while yes, they are requesting songs, it’s for me to sing and not to play on the playlist. In the past, the mods have been diligent about just writing these requests down in the order they come in on a google doc, but humans are fallible and sometimes the requests come in too fast for them to keep track of them all.

Is there a way I can create a custom Nightbot command that will allow users to add a song to an ongoing list? And even more fancy, a way that Nightbot could read the next upcoming song and that mods would be able to remove completed songs from the list?

Please keep in mind that I am super new to Nightbot and not terribly tech savvy, so I’ll probably need somebody to walk me through implementing the solution if there is one.

Thanks guys!

Check out this Custom API that one of the BetterTTV devs made to create something of this nature. If you need more inspiration on how to customize it, check out this thread.

This seems like this is probably exactly what I want, but I’m way too much of a noob to figure it out how to implement it on my own.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.