15 second countdown in chat

I’ve seen a lot of stuff with people wanting to do a countdown to a specific time. I was wondering if there was a way to start a short countdown with a command? What I’m aiming to do is have Nightbot do a 10-15 second countdown in the chat, saying each number separately to help people know the exact moment to queue up for events. We’ve been having one person in chat do that manually, but have been trying to figure out a way to automate that.

@DonSerrot

There is an API that can make Nightbot send multiple messages in one command using the ‘send channel message’ endpoint but this is limited to 1 message per 5 seconds. So your best bet is to make a command like so that will send 4 messages within a 15-second interval, with 5 seconds between each message:

!addcom -cd=5 !countdown $(urlfetch https://vxrl.xyz/smm/15.../10.../5.../GO!)

Thank you, that should work. The 5 second message limit is a shame, but it’s certainly better than asking someone to manually type the countdown. I have it working in our chat now, and we’ll have to see how well it works for our next event.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.